Gas Safety Inspections for Landlords
Due to protection laws, landlords have a legal responsibility to insure the safety of their tenants by scheduling a gas safety inspection every 12 months. At Gas Mark One, we take gas safety very seriously. All of our engineers are highly qualified to carry out gas safety inspections and issue landlords with an official certificate from the Health & Safety Executive.
We have designed our inspection process to be as efficient as possible and ensure that it isn’t too disruptive for the landlord or the tenant. Our services include a clear report on all gas, oil and solid fuel appliances. We also do electronic onsite checks which can be emailed directly to landlords and agents the very same day.
What does a landlord gas safety inspection include?
- Check all appliances for gas tightness
- Check gas pressures on both standing and working appliances
- Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturer guidelines
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Testing flue flow to ensure removal of products or combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets
- Investigating any evidence on unsafe operation and report to the person responsible